Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why?

I was on my way to drop my children off at the babysitters this morning. It was a leisurely drive. I actually left in plenty of time, so I wouldn't be rushing.

I am on Airways just coming across the overpass where Kellogg's is, and a Memphis police officer comes hauling ass out of a side street with lights and sirens. I look in my rear view mirror and I'm thinking, "He just got a serious call." I politely pull over to the far right hand lane when I notice he isn't flying past me. He's getting behind me.

Holy Mary, Mother of God!!!! You have got to be kidding me. I am not believing what is happening. Normally a speeding ticket is not the end of the world, but I just got one in West Memphis not 2 months ago, and my husband got one about a month ago. Why does God hate us?

Officer Who-the Fuck-Cares comes to the window and says, "I clocked you at 48. The speed limit here is 40."

Another perfectly good day ruined by this hell-hole of a city. I have got to get out of here.

I'm sorry B.

3 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

I got a pretty good place you can go if you're seeking refuge...



tweaker

Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon said...

Don't sweat it. I'm surprised he even bothered with eight over in that area.