Thursday, June 28, 2007

When I Grow Up I Want To Be A.......What!!

First of all, it feels good to be writing again. I was in a bit of a funk and it greatly affected my perception of life. Nothing was funny. Even if it was funny, I didn't see it. It seems once my mood improved I started seeing the humor in things again. Now on to my story.

Me and the kids were visiting my sisters house yesterday. I was delivering some of my moms things over there and she was entertaining the kids while I unloaded. She happened to be talking to Gracie, my 8 year old, about what she wanted to be/do when she got older.

Gracie replied, "Well, for fun I want to be an artist. To make money I want to help people to cross the street."

My sister, not knowing exactly what she was talking about, asked her to elaborate. At this point in the story I'm thinking "A crossing guard?" Not quite....

"Like if people have cramps or something in their leg, I want to help them cross the street. You know, a street walker.

Oh my dear, sweet, innocent, Gracie. I think we need to come up with a new name for your "profession."

1 comment:

LBJ said...

When I was still doing the airline pilot thing I was out with my two best girlfriends. . also airline pilots, married to non aviators. We had everyone's kids loaded in a light twin taking them on a holiday, when Deb's daughter said "Mom - when I grow up I want to be a pilot!". Her Mom was quite pleased and looked at her son, the lone little male on board, and asked "and do YOU want to be a pilot when you grow up too?". . And he got that look of disgust that screams "cooties!" all over it and said "Oh. . Mom NO. . . only GIRLS are pilots"