Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Sleep, Sex, and a Hooker

It's funny to me how men and women think differently about the same situation. My dear mother-in-law is going to keep our children overnight on Friday. This is a big deal. The following is a conversation my husband and I had on the phone regarding this especially big deal.

"I forgot to mention that Amy wants us to go out to eat on Friday. Is that ok? I didn't know if you wanted to since we weren't going to have the kids."

He says "That's fine. We can do that too."

Too? I'm thinking, what else is there? I know I'm dreaming of a wonderful night of uninterrupted sleep. I'm awakened by....

"We are going to get our freak on all night long."

Of course, how could I be so silly.

I say "I feel a headache coming."

He says "I feel a hooker coming."

"Wonderful! Can you pay her extra not to scream? I still want my uninterrupted sleep."

I wonder if I gave her an extra $50 if she would stay and fix him breakfast.

1 comment:

SpeakerTweaker said...

I love you, too!



tweaker