Monday, March 31, 2008

Didn't You Know? Nipples Are Dangerous Weapons

My husband e-mailed this article to me Friday. I was completely outraged. Why in the world was this woman made to remove her nipple rings? It's completely absurd. Finding out the cause of a hand wand going off, sure. Once it was evident that the rings were the cause, what was the point in removing them?

I work for FedEx and I have my tongue pierced as well as my left nipple and have never set off the alarm at work. They have even used the wand, and luckily I have never set the thing off. I honestly didn't think there was enough metal to detect. I guess I was wrong, or the airport detectors are a lot stronger than the ones at work.

I don't believe I have flown since I got my piercings, but now I don't know that I will. You know what, I take that back. If I got singled out and that wand went off on me, I would just start stripping my shirt and bra off. "You want to see if I'm hiding a bomb under my tits? Well here you go!" That, or something like this, maybe.

It's just sad that we have "rules" that people blindly follow, no matter how absurd, or how much they defy common sense. I truly do feel for that woman. It can be extremely painful to take the rings out and there is no way in hell I would do it with a pair of pliers.

There are people out there, I know, that have metal in their bodies for various reasons. Pins, plates, and such. When those set off metal detectors and the area is searched they have to assume you don't have anything else. No knives stuffed behind that metal knee cap. No bombs embedded into that metal pin inside your leg. What in the world did making that woman take those rings out accomplish, other than allowing a couple of dickheads to get off on a woman who has her nipples pierced? A visual inspection should have sufficed. Period.

4 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

Hey, man. Those things get cold enough, you could put someone's eye out. We don't need them MORE dangerous by being filled with a bunch of rings/barbells/etc.

;)

Or, as it was put in someone else's comments section, it could have been a Booby Trap.



tweaker

Is it sync'd yet? said...

Damnit you people with metal in your bodies. Don't you know that you are hosing all of us. Slowing down the lines!

All you freaks with liquids your to blame as well. Get the hell out of the line with your mocofrapochinograndetallventi cup of crap.

All you people with shoes...GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Gnat.
.

ps. Nipple and tongue...interesting I have to recompile my mental image now.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Oh, and one other thing:

I SMACKETH THEE WITH A MEME!



tweaker

Brandon said...

As much as I love reading about nipples, you need to post something. I know you've got material, 'cuz you tell it to me every day when I get home.

I also SMACKETH THEE WITH A MEME!