Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sarah B

Today was Sarah's first day of preschool. She was so excited. She also found out that her very best friend (our next door neighbor) Jacob was going to be in her class.

Me and Jacob's mom rode together to take them to school. We got there and Sarah screamed "Look, there's my school momma!" My heart sank just a teeny little bit.

Sarah is my independent child. She wants to do everything herself, her way. She has wanted to go to school since her big sister Gracie has been going. She is as fearless as they come. It will be a race between her and Colin as to which one will be my first emergency room visit.

Sarah is very dramatic and matter of fact. She always speaks her mind and pushes limits every chance she gets. To her, whatever she is doing is worth whatever trouble she might get in. Her daddy and I have often joked that Sarah would never be a victim of peer pressure, she would be the pressure getting the other kids into trouble.

I love her spirit. It is wild and true and I love her dearly for this. I guess part of me is not ready to let her go yet, even though she has been ready since birth. I have been trying to keep her close but all she wants to do is go. I still get cuddles and kisses but I cherish them. I can see Sarah when she grows up, being halfway around the world on some adventure, and only getting to see her when she "happens" to be in this part of the country.

For now, I get to read bed time stories, kiss her goodnight, and snuggle under the covers with her.......for now.

3 comments:

takinchances said...

What a sweet post!

Sarah is definitely the most fearless child I've ever met. I only met her once and I love her strong spirit, too. You've got an amazing daughter.

Is it sync'd yet? said...

My father once said that I would love to see the world though my eyes for a day.

I cant help but to wonder what it would be like for you and your daughter after that post.


Gnat.
.

Brandon said...

That's my Stumpy. :-)