Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Day Off Work (Not the Good Kind)

I am home today with my children, one of whom is sick. The baby boy is running a fever of undetermined origin. Which simply put means, "No tummy ache, head ache, ear ache, new teeth, sore throat, or anything else I can come up with." He is acting ok, but he is hotter than a firecracker.

The day started at about 6:00 am. My dear little boy woke me up wanting apple juice. I obliged and we got back in the bed hoping he would fall back asleep. I knew he was still tired so I put on Tom and Jerry and started to doze back off.

I was awakened about twenty minutes later to the sound of two cats throwing themselves against the bedroom window where I was sleeping. They were hollering and hissing at each other along with the neighborhood roaming dog barking with them.

I am pissed at this point. I run and grab some shorts along with a broom ready to do severe injury to the animals.

Short side note: Normally I am very tolerant of animals. Love them, mostly........My affection for cats left about the time the 5 we have roaming the neighborhood started shitting in my flowerbed.

I fling the door open and the cats scatter. Except for one, who looks at me like, "What are you going to do?" I'll show you, I picked up the first thing I could get my hands on and chunked it at him. I then went after him with the broom. The cats scooted under their owner's garage door to safety. They were peeking out at me, laughing I'm sure, if cats could laugh.

It is then I notice more shit in my flowerbed. Only it isn't just cat shit. The neighbor's dog has decided to follow suit with the cats and use my flowerbed as a toilet. Lovely. I get to scoop all that up because if I don't, I can't sit on my own freaking front porch without it smelling like a litter box.

After my outside adventures, I come in and my son decides he needs to puke up his juice all over the recliner.

It's only 7:00 am.

1 comment:

SpeakerTweaker said...

Oh, Mandie.

It's almost like you have some sort of bad luck! May involve last name. Will research.



tweaker