Friday, November 9, 2007

One and Two

ONE

Thank you first to Tweaker and hubby for the wonderful comments on my last post. It truly does my heart good. I know that my family loves me and I have never been shorted on being told so, but sometimes being told at the right moment makes it all the more special.

To Gnat, thank you for your comments as well. When you posted the "half-life of my hot dog is up" comment it really got me to thinking. Up until that point I hadn't realized how long it had been since I posted. Other than that, the fact that someone I have never met noticed that it had been that long touched me. Honestly, it was that comment that made me look back over the past months and write again. If ever I make it down to Florida you will be one person I will definitely look up. I would love to see your studio and finally see first hand what it is exactly you do with that glass!

TWO

The logic of children never ceases to amaze me. If they want something, and want it badly enough they will find a way. Case in point: my eldest daughter, Gracie, won an iPod shuffle on Halloween as a door prize at a Fall Festival she went to. She has been trying her hardest to find a reason to take it to school and show it off. The reasons are endless as to why we won't let her but she was not deterred.

Gracie came to me this morning and said "Momma, is my iPod made of metal?" I told her yes and wondered where in the world that came from. Her next statement told me all I needed to know.

"We are studying minerals and metals at school and I thought I could take my iPod as an example of metal."

"Wouldn't that be a good idea?"

"Nice try Gracie, the answer is still no."

2 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

Ahh, Gracie.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but on my last day there in September, when I went to pack up I noticed an impromptu card in my bag.

"To: Uncle (Tweaker)
From: Gracie
I love you Uncle (Tweaker)!"

Sweetest girl I know.

Oh, and you're welcome!



tweaker

Brandon said...

I love reading your blog, and I'd hate it if you stopped. Really.

Oh, and Gracie pulled the metal bit on me, too. The end result was the same.

Love you!