Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh, I Wish I Were An Oscar Mayer Weiner........

Sarah and Colin were at the table today for lunch having their favorite meal: hot dogs. They love the kind with the cheese in them.

The two of them have gotten very creative in their eating. Now Sarah has always had a bit of an imagination. She can sit for an infinite amount of time playing by herself and any little objects she can imagine into little people. There have been fork and spoon people, cup people, her stuffed animals of course. She sits and pretends they are moms and dads or sometimes they are Gracie and Colin. She talks away in her own little world. It is truly fascinating to watch and listen to.

Colin has started doing just about everything that Sarah does lately, including talking to the "little people." Today the hot dogs were moms and dads. They were talking away to each other, making them hop up and down and such. Colin turned his hot dogs to Sarah's hot dogs and said "Mom. Mom. Where are you?" Sarah replied, "Sorry Colin, Mom got ate."

They say that kids who have imaginary friends and such are the more creative and intelligent children. One can only hope.

4 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

I say that your brood is, by default, all Genius simply due to their last name.

But that's just me...

I can't WAIT to get there Friday afternoon! We're gonna have a blast!

Love you Mandie!



tweaker

Brandon said...

My bologna has a first name
It's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name
It's M-A-Y-E-R
I love to eat it every day
And if you ask me why I'll saaayyyyyy
Cuz Oscar Mayer has a way
With B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

Is it sync'd yet? said...

I love the cheese dogs man!


Gnat.
.

Is it sync'd yet? said...

I think your hotdog half life is up.


Gnat.
.