Monday, September 10, 2007

Colin

I guess it's about time I told you a little bit about my baby boy Colin. Listen to me, he will be 3 in January. I never thought I could handle a boy. I was scared to death of what to do with one should I ever have one. First of all, I never thought I would have one. I was just sure that God knew me well enough to not have a boy.

I am very wimpy when it comes to discipline and little boys need that constantly. They also have penises and testicles. I don't know what to do with questions about these things. I don't have them. I didn't have brothers. I don't know what little boys do, what is normal.

Potty training! Don't get me started. Did you know they shake it off when they are done? See, I didn't know this. Did you also know they love to start and stop peeing, like in mid-steam? He grins ear to ear when doing this, all while peeing down his leg and all over the toilet. I also wasn't prepared for the hand down the diaper like Al Bundy either. Yeah, they love it that early. He's 2 for heavens sake!

He runs constantly. He doesn't just walk through the den, he runs full force, does a few cartwheel-flip things, all the way through, then crashes into me like he's trying to tackle me.

He makes noises all the time. He grunts, and screams, then grunts some more. For no reason apparently. He is like a little caveman.

He likes to stick his head in mud puddles. I have a few pictures of him with his head full of mud and running down his little face with the biggest grin on it.

On the other hand.....

He brought me 3 leaves the other day and said "These for you Momma." My heart melted.

Whenever I wear earrings or a necklace he jumps up in my lap, grabs my face, looks directly in my eyes and says "You pretty Momma."

He holds my hand when we walk from the car to the store.

He screams in excitement when I come home from work every morning.

He helped me mop the floor the other morning and he always puts his dishes in the sink when he is done eating.

My husband, God bless him, has been my savior in this adventure so far. I could not have made this far with out him and him telling me "It's ok Mandie. He's just being a little boy."

I guess God did know what he was doing.

5 comments:

Is it sync'd yet? said...

My wife is scared to death of a little boy. I am scared of a little girl.

My parents one one of each....that just sends a shiver down my spine. Not that I don't want them, just that I don't have any clue how to handle such a brood.


Gnat.
.

Amanda said...

Gnat, I feel truly blessed to have had a boy and two girls. Seeing the differences in them, how they are with each other. Children are a gift that so many couples don't get to experience. When the time comes, you will be happy with what you get.

Teamwork is the key to parenting. I could never, nor would I want to do it alone.

takinchances said...

I love the way you write about your children. It's so obvious how very much you love them.

Brandon said...

It's our adventure, babe.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Awww, Mandie.

You're makin' me miss Dude!



tweaker