Thursday, February 28, 2008

I See Dead People, and a Neurosurgeon

So today was the appointment with the neurosurgeon. This said appointment was at 8:00 a.m. downtown, and also was in the company of my two little ones. Oh yes, Sarah and Colin were going with me. I had no babysitter. My husband had to stay home to get Gracie ready and off to school.

On the way to the appointment we happen to pass by a huge cemetery and Sarah exclaims "That's where every one gets killed."

"No, hon, that's where people are buried."

"Oh. I saw somebody die." She almost proudly exclaims.

I am stunned at first but then I remember who I am talking to. Sarah has one of the most vivid imaginations of any 4 year old I know. I let her tell her story.

I said "When did you see someone die?"

"Well, me and Jacob (her very best friend) were in San Francisco and we saw this man."

"San Francisco, huh?"

"Yeah, and we saw this man and we called him Daddy. Not my Daddy, but we called him Daddy and he was about 100 years old and he died."

That was all. End of story. I'm just glad she didn't say he was in the car with us or anything. I was fully expecting the "I see dead people" line at any moment.

Anyways, we get to the appointment actually on time and after many fights over pushing the various elevator buttons we get to the office.

The have these balls of what looks like to me is hardened grass. They were perfectly round and sitting in a nice glass bowl on top of very nice table. My children were drawn to these darn things like flies to shit. They would not leave these things alone. Sarah began hoarding the things, trying to stuff them down her shirt and Colin just thought they were baseballs.

So began - "Stop that. Don't touch that. Put that down. If you don't sit down I'm getting the paddle. Stop running. No, you can't have one. No, you can't ring the bell. STOP ringing the bell. No, I don't know how old that lady is. No, you can't ask. I don't know his name. No he would not like one the balls off the table."

Finally they called us back. More waiting, more threatening and then the doctor came in. Basically I get to have physical therapy for two weeks and come back to seem him after. Thank God, no surgery.

Anyone free in two weeks to watch a lovely 3 year old little boy and darling 4 year old little girl? I'll ship them to you, free of charge.

1 comment:

SpeakerTweaker said...

Put me down for Sarah. Her and The Little Girl can run each other ragged for a few days!



tweaker